Thursday, November 15, 2007

World's Weirdest mac and Cheese

So tonight I had a hankering for mac and cheese, and since I had all the makings I decided to do so.

I made two fatal flaws.

First, I have two different infused olive oils in nigh identical bottles. One is a orange infused, which works particularly well with sweet teriyaki dishes and the like. The other is black pepper infused which is spicy.

I meant to use the pepper. I didn't.

The second mistake is that I have two containers of soy milk in my fridge. Vanilla I use on my morning oatmeal and plain I use for everything else.

I meant to use the plain. I didn't.

I didn't even know what I had done till I tasted it for salt level.

The end result was a dish that dish that can only be best described as Orange Dreamcicle Mac & Cheese.

It's actually not bad. It's not sweet at all and I think without the hint of vanilla it would actually be quite good, as the orange pairs with the cheddar much better then I expected.

Umm... yeah... that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment